There hasn’t been enough sun really yet has there this summer? Yesterday started with such promise and by the end of the day it was grey again. Well, at the weekend I marshalled at a 10k race and fete for Macmillan and I remembered the lovely summer garden party my neighbour and fellow blogger Emily from A Mummy Too threw recently, also for Macmillan, and it got me thinking, maybe doing something charitable, lights and colour are the way to see off a grey summer, oh, and cake of course!
Macmillan is such a great cause, they have a way of bringing people together during difficult times and that comes through beautifully in their fundraising too. I love the idea of a Summer Lights garden party for a good cause, there are more tips on how to throw your own Summer Lights party on the Macmillan site. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Cake stands covered in yummy cakes always brighten up a grey day!
- Fairy lights are a lovely way to make the table sparkle.
- Punch is an easy idea for a summer party, fill up a big punch bowl with fruit juices, rum and fruits.
4. Lanterns are a colourful addition to the house or garden.
5. Paper decorations can quickly transform a space, paper garlands, pom moms and bunting are really summery!