On Fridays in our house we love to make pizza together, each week you can guarantee someone has a new twist on last week’s pizza, a new topping to add, a different cheese. Rather than waiting for the pizza delivery, we are in the kitchen together creating. It’s quickly become a favourite family ritual.
We’ve tried a few things in the last few months, here are our top 8 homemade pizza tips:
- A delicious home made cheat and my staple as a student was ‘frying pan pizza‘. Mix a cup of self raising flour, a pinch of salt and enough water to bind into a stiff dough. Roll out, fry on one side until golden, flip over and then add toppings. Cook until the bottom is golden and then finish under the grill. I love the sophistication of the breakfast frying pan pizza pictured above, but mine was often simple tomato sauce and cheese.
- Making your own dough is a brilliant way to get an authentic pizza experience, but short cuts are always good. Our bread maker came with a great recipe which makes this hassle free, we also like to make double or treble and freeze the dough for the days when we don’t have time.
- If you are in a rush a great alternative to making your own dough is Jus Rol pizza bases. They are also great if you are watching what you eat as the thin bases keep the calories down. It even comes with sauce in the pack, so super quick.
- Pizza sauce can be homemade, or from a jar, but another great addition is salsa, the kids love the mild one, we love the extra hot one.
- Pizza faces. it isn’t just the toppings that are creative, having fun making faces on pizzas adds to the fun too.
- Pizza Stones. Pizza stones are a great way to bring added crispness to the base of your home made creations. They are fairly inexpensive and turn your oven into a pizza oven, meaning you can enjoy the same quality of food baked in a professional brick lined oven, but at home.
- Batch make loads of tomato sauce too and freeze, so you always have plenty on hand. Shop bought can have lots of sugar, which homemade sauce with plenty of garlic and lots of herbs, doesn’t need.
- The next thing I want to try is a Calzone, folded pizza, which is why I love the Calzone press below, I do love a great kitchen gadget!
I have a pizza stone, pizza cutter and calzone press to giveaway today. Enjoy the same quality of food baked in a professional brick lined oven in your kitchen at home. Baking stones are perfect for pizza, bread pastries or any other baked goods eliminating hot spots while cooking, and produce uniformly browned crust.
- Just leave a comment below, talk to me about pizza, this post, share your homemade pizza tips, tell me what you would make with it all. I love hearing what you think too!
2. Register your entry on the rafflecopter and unlock extra entries. See my other giveaways here.
Terms and Conditions
There is one prize of a Pizza Stone, Pizza Cutter and Calzone Press as outlined in the blog post. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Wayfair and A Residence.
Closing date for entries is 29/02/2016 12 AM
One entry per person
Entrants must log into rafflecopter and comment on the blog.
Optional entry methods are to follow on Twitter, Facebook and tweet on Twitter.
The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries
The winner will be informed within one week of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen
The winner’s name will be available on request
This is a joint promotion between Wayfair and A Residence.
Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Image credit: Shutterstock Mini pizza and egg for breakfast
More Competitions at ThePrizeFinder